MANGO ICED TEA
If you are a fan of tea, as well as a fan of mangoes, then you are surely going to love this summer cooler. My day starts with a cup of tea and maybe even ends with one during the late night studies. In India, we have had tea in various forms. Some people put black pepper in it, some put ginger, some like to have it hot, while some like it iced. There are also region specific teas, just like the butter tea which I had in Arunachal Pradesh. Kashmir also has its own Kawa flavored with saffron, cardamom and other spices. With so many variations, tea has a lot to offer you.
During summer, the predominant thing that every household has are the mangoes. So a mango cooler is mandatory in my house every single day, be it a mango lassi or a mango milkshake. Though, it is almost the onset of monsoon, but the heat in Kolkata is still not bearable. Every day I return from college and open the fridge to have cold water, which, I am told, is not at all a good practice. I read about these Mango Iced Teas somewhere in the newspapers, and then I decided to give it a try.So yesterday, I prepared a few steps of this Mango Iced Tea recipe in the morning, chilled it in the refrigerator and then relished it when I returned. The flavor of the mangoes in the iced lemon tea just works wonders.
|MANGO ICED TEA|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
What you need
- 1 Ripe Mango
- 2 cups Water
- 3 teaspoon Black Tea or 3 Tea Bags
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Sugar or Honey, as required
- A few Ice-cubes
How to make it?
- Peel and chop the mangoes
- Puree them finely in a blender and then put the puree in the refrigerator.
- In a pan, heat some water and brew the tea leaves in it.
- Strain it and keep the tea in the refrigerator.
- After some time, in the blender add the mango puree along with the tea.
- Add the lemon juice and honey/sugar and blend well.
- Pour some ice cubes in the glasses and then pour the mango iced tea over it.
- Garnish it with some lemon slices or mint leaves.
|MANGO ICED TEA|
- You may not even need to add sugar or honey if your mango is really very sweet.
- If you need to add sugar or honey, then adding honey is recommended, if you are willing to have a healthy recipe.
- It is not always mandatory to have it chilled, you can just make it, put some ice cubes and then enjoy this.