MANGO BUTTERSCOTCH MILKSHAKE
Finally the exams are over and I can have a sigh of relief. These few days were too tough. Late night studies, exam stress and the fear of not completing my paper. I was just waiting for these to get over so that I can resume my experiments with food. Here I present my first recipe after my exams.
Summers in Kolkata are too bad! Hot and sultry. But the only thing that I love about summer is the Mango. My home is always flooded with mangoes. Baba brings them from the shops, and Dadu gives the mangoes grown on his trees. The months of May and June thus turn amazing with these mangoes. Today, I thought of making a simple mango milkshake that my Maa used to make for us. She always added Butterscotch ice-cream in the mango milkshake to give it an extra flavor and we completely loved it. I remember her making this recipe when I was in school and our summer vacations were on. We would always demand for different shakes everyday and she ended up making this. Since then, it has been a constant favorite of me and my sister. This recipe is actually very simple, easy to make and a quick fix if unexpected guests turn up.
Yields One Glass
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
What you need?
- 1 Ripe Mango (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tsp Sugar (or you may even add according to your taste)
- 3 scoops Butterscotch Ice-cream
How to make it?
- In a blender, put the chopped mango and puree it till smooth.
- To that puree, add milk and sugar and blend properly.
- After the sugar dissolves, add two scoops of Butterscotch Ice cream and blend it properly.
- Pour the shake in tall glasses and add the remaining scoop of Butterscotch Ice-cream on top of it.
- You are ready to enjoy this delicious mango shake.