Rava poli is also known as Sooji Appam and it is a famous Indian dessert.
What you need?
For the dough:
- Rava/ sooji/ semolina 2 cups.
- Ghee 4 tbsp
- Castor sugar 1 cup
- Milk (as needed for the dough)
For the kheer:
- Khoya/ Mawa 100 gm
- Milk 1 litre
- Cardamom 3-4
- Sugar 1 cup
- Saffron strands 4-5
- Pistachios( chopped)
How to make it?
- Knead a dough with the rava, ghee, castor sugar and milk. Let is rest for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- After that roll out small puris out of the dough and fry them in ghee.
- Boil the milk until reduced to half of the original volume.
- Add khoya to it and let it thicken a bit more.
- Add sugar to that and keep stiring.
- Add the cardamoms and saffron strands. As soon as you put the saffron strands, the milk gets a beautiful colour.
- Simmer for a few minutes and then turn off the gas.
- Take each poli and immerse it in the kheer. Let the poli soak the kheer a little bit.
- Plate the polis in a dish and then pour the remaining kheer over the polis. garnish with the chopped pistachios.
- Enjoy this wonderful dessert on any occasion.