PUMPKIN FRITTERS WITH CARAMEL SAUCE

Yesterday, Baba brought one pumpkin home. This is basically the vegetable which I dislike the most. The face of  my sister droops down as we hear that we are having pumpkin for lunch. But then I decided of trying something new with it. I have always known that Pumpkin is a really amazing vegetable. It can be made into a savory dish as well as a sweet dish. Pumpkin has its own sweetness and thus I decided to try out something which is not like the pumpkin dishes we have at home. At home, I always had to try the kumro chorchori and many other curries. Today I tried making pumpkin fritters. When I searched in the internet, I came to know that it is basically a South African recipe. they call it Pampoen koekies. You can serve these as snacks. This is really easy to make and quite fast. I may even give them someday in my sister's tiffin. Today, at first I did not let her know what was in there. She loved the combination of the fritter and the caramel sauce. Hardly did she realize that the fritters were made of pumpkin. When I told her so, her reaction was "How could Pumpkin be so tasty!". Even Baba loved this dish. For me, the approval of Baba and Bonu is the most important. So here, I am sharing the recipe with you.

Recipe:

Serving: 2
Pumpkin fritters with caramel sauce
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min

What you need?

For the fritters:
  • 1 cup pumpkin boiled and pureed
  • 1 cup maida or all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar( you can add more if you want it to be sweeter)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • Oil for frying
For the sauce:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp cream

How to make it?

  • In a bowl, take the pureed pumpkin and add all the other ingredients required for the batter(except the oil). Stir it well and make a batter of good consistency. 
  • Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan or a wok. Pour in the batter with the help of a spoon or a ladle.
  • Deep fry those until brown.
  • When the fritters are done, heat another pan and put sugar in it. 
  • Allow the sugar to caramelize and then add the butter and cream to it.
  • Keep stirring it until it has the consistency of a sauce.
  • Serve the pumpkin fritters along with this beautiful caramel sauce.
P.S:
  • You may use vanilla essence in the sauce if you want.
  • If you are a vegetarian, you may also substitute the egg in it. These will taste as good as the one with eggs. 



Comments