WHOLE WHEAT CARROT CAKE WITH OATS
The festive season is approaching and December can be literally termed as the month for cakes. Christmas and New Year is knocking on the door, and you know it very well, that when it comes to cakes, it is pretty hard to control. And, what I feel is that pure indulgence in this month should be allowed, after-all Christmas comes just once a year.
But, don't you think that it would be great if you can have these sweet cravings satisfied on a low calorie intake? Yes, this is possible by replacing the sugar in the cakes with the sugar supplements like Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar. Morover, in this recipe, I have used carrot, whole wheat and oats, to take the nutrition level of this cake to a higher mark. This is one healthy cake recipe that you must try this season!
|WHOLE WHEAT CARROT CAKE WITH OATS|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 50 minutes
What you need?
- 1 cup Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar
- 100 gm Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 150 gm Whole Wheat Flour
- 50 gm Oats, crushed and powdered
- 1 cup Carrot, grated thinly
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Salt, a pinch
How to make it?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius and prepare your cake tin by using butter and dry flour to coat the sides.
- Beat the Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar along with butter till it is light and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs in that mixture, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla essence to it and mix it well.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. At first, sift the whole wheat flour and powdered oats in the bowl along with baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt.
- Then, add in the grated carrots to it.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and fold them gently.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and put it in the oven to bake it at 160 degree Celsius for 45-50 minutes.
- Insert skewer to check whether it is completely cooked from within and demould the cake when it is cooled.
This post is an entry for the Sugar Free Dessert Challenge organised by http://sugarfree-india.com/.