MILK CHOCOLATE AND ORANGE TARTLETS
Since the day I bought my oven, I have always wished to make some tarts. Tarts have been a personal favorite since my childhood and I could gobble a number of jam tarts and chocolate tarts, Today, I finally decided to give this a try and here it is, my first try of making tarts. I remember the first time when I had a chocolate with orange flavor, it completely blew away my mind. So I decided that the filling for the tarts can be made with the same combination, as orange is in the season now! A pretty simple recipe, not much time consuming, you can try them anytime when you are craving for desserts,
Makes 7-8 tartlets
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Resting Time: 45 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
What you need
For the tart,
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 30 gms Butter(chilled), cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Cold water, as required to knead
For the tart filling,
- 30 gm Milk Chocolate (I used Dairy Milk, as I just had that in my home)
- 1 tbsp Orange marmalade
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- A few orange segments
- Chocolate, Shredded
How to make it?
Preparing the tart,
- Take the flour and butter in a bowl, and rub the flour with the butter till they form a texture like breadcrumbs.
- Add in the powdered sugar to it and mix it well.
- Use cold water to make a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough with a cling wrap and then keep it in the refrigerator to chill for at least half an hour.
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out into a plain sheet and cut the sheet according to the shape of the tart moulds.
- Lay the dough on the moulds and line it very well. Trim the excess part from the top. Prick the base of the dough as it prevents the base from rising.
- Put these tart moulds in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Take out your tart moulds and line them on a baking tray. Bake the tarts for about 15 minutes in the oven at 180 C.
- Cool the tarts, before you put the filling in it.
Preparing the filling,
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and allow it to cool down.
- Whip some cream with a whisk or an electric blender and mix the melted chocolate along with it.
- Mix the powdered sugar in the mixture and whisk till its completely dissolved.
- Add the orange marmalade and the orange zest in it and mix it properly.
Arranging the tarts,
- Fill the mini tart shells with the chocolate and orange filling.
- Garnish it with some chopped orange segments and shredded chocolates.
- Never forget to prick the tart shells with fork before baking, or else they would puff up.
- Roll the tarts quite thin, as thick tarts would not have that flaky and crunchy texture.
- You may even store excess tarts for future needs.