CHOCOLATE PANCAKES WITH STRAWBERRIES
After the tiring week, what one waits for is the Saturday mornings. Saturday mornings are really nice. There is no alarm clock which is put on snooze repeatedly. There is no rush to go to college or for work. Saturday mornings are completely dedicated to laziness and happiness. Just in order to make the Saturday morning more lovely, what can be better than a chocolaty breakfast. Even if you are dieting, make it a cheat day and have the amazing chocolate pancakes for breakfast.
My sister and me, we completely drool over chocolate. Anything that has chocolate in it is a big hit for us. We love pancakes for breakfast and hence I ended up making chocolate pancake. Fluffy chocolaty pancakes with chocolate sauce and strawberries!!! It could not have been better. This is something which is completely impossible for the chocoholics to resist. Moreover, chocolates and strawberries are like best friends and this was a complete treat for us.
|Chocolate pancakes with strawberries|
Preparation time: 15 mins
What you need?
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4th cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4th cup Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- A few Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Sauce
How to make it?
- In a bowl, sieve together the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, castor sugar and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and milk together. Mix the melted butter in the mixture.
- Pour the flour mixture into the second mixture of eggs, milk and butter.
- Heat a skillet or a Tawa and then pour a ladle full of the batter on it. Spread it evenly in the shape of mini pancakes.
- Then flip the pancakes, till the other side is cooked. Cook till all the sides are browned.
- In a plate, layer each pancake one upon the other with chocolate sauce spread in the middle.
- Garnish it with strawberries and castor sugar.
- You may also make normal sized pancakes if you wish. I generally make the mini pancakes as they appear very cute.
- Strawberries are optional. You may also make the recipe without the strawberries.
- You may even add 2 Tbsp of Bournvita in the mixture just before you cook it. It helps in giving a bit of crunch in the pancakes. You may also use chocolate chips for this.